February 24, 2007

It's amazing what a great haircut can do...


Emily Hudspeth has started her 29th year off to a great start... (sorry for the age reference, Em, but I have a feeling this is your year!) Emily's birthday was this past week and during her "Happy Birthday" phone call she shared with me all of the wonderful things that have been going on in her life lately. She went back to college after several years and is making straight A's. She started a new job at a salon/spa/beauty supply store and got a new haircut that looks amazing. After a few weeks of being there, helping the store get organized for opening, she was promoted to shift manager with a $2 an hour raise. Also, she has been exersizing in the past couple months and has lost 15 pounds. I always have treated my birthday as a time of renewal and it seems as if Emily is doing the same thing. There is a light and confidence in her voice that makes me smile and feel so proud of my best friend. I am so glad she shared her good news as it makes me remember that there can always be a renewal, no matter where you are in life. And that sometimes, all it takes is a good haircut to turn your life in a brand new direction.


No comments: